Thursday, October 27, 2016

Wow! What a Week

The last time I really wrote on my blog was two weeks ago, and wow, have I been busy.

It first started with what I thought was manageable. I acted as the general contractor for a bathroom update in my master bath. Most of the work was to be done in spurts where it would have been easy for me to control, but, like life, the hurricane came and the glass people were needed elsewhere, so that part of the update was scheduled at a later date. Then, that date came and they came so late in the afternoon that they could only start. Which pushed back the other parts of the job. It's a never-ending story, so the upshot is it is done, and I do like it.

The big deal to me was I selected to have the vanity painted in a glossy royal blue. Since I am a neutral colored person, the blue was daring to me. At first, I freaked, but I like it. It makes the room look warm and cozy. I will show you all the pics and steps next week. And I'll talk about the money end of it.

When the jobs were complete, I had approximately three days to put my house back together, clean it, and buy groceries for my upcoming guests. I worked morning, noon, and night, and all was completed by Wednesday evening when my guests arrived. I was ready to enjoy their company instead of working. There was one fast rule -- if you want something, help yourself. Everything was there as I anticipated their basic needs and wants.

I hosted a 5-girl slumber party for high school classmates. It was so much fun. Since we are way beyond the legal age to drink, I bought a lot of wine. Something must be wrong because I have a lot of wine left. We ate. And ate. And ate. And we talked, and talked and talked. And we laughed, and laughed and laughed. Since I have seen these girls throughout my life, I did not cry, but there were a couple who cried and cried when they saw each other. It had been a very long time -- since nursing school together or as we moved away and lost touch. It was a great week.

We ate at great restaurants (will talk about them later) and the best was we made a glass paper weight at the Morean Arts Center in St. Petersburg, Florida. I could get hooked on making glass paper weights! Will talk about the artists community in St. Pete and the night making the paper weight after I share the bathroom redo.

There is just so much to share. Now, though, it's back to reality. Laundry, ceramics, stain glass, appointments, regular living.

Until next week...have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment