Thursday, November 10, 2016

Finishing my Master Bath and onto my Master Bedroom


Yesterday, I showed the beginning of the update to my master bath. I left off with the glass backsplash.

After letting the project dry for the night, I started taking the film off the tiles. Ruthi was coming back and the glass was due to arrive. I am getting excited now.


What was going to happen on this day was to put the mirror back on the wall and then put beveled glass around the mirror to hide the black wear marks. Also, the shower doors would be replaced with a seamless door.

I have workmen and Ruthi all over the place. It is hectic and exciting at the same time. My bathroom will be complete by the end of the day.


This is the end product of the vanity space with mirror and lights. Notice the beveled glass around the mirror. It is so cool and it should last a long time.

The glass guy did tell me not to use any spray on the mirror as the solution would not be good for the glue to the mirror, so when I clean the mirror, I should spray the solution onto my rag and wipe the mirror from the rag.



Below is the finished bathroom with the seamless shower door. I absolutely love the shower door. My bathroom may not be new, but it surely feels new to me. I am so pleased with the final product.



The final cost -- yesterday I totaled $1810 and today's products are a bit more expensive. I paid $420 for the beveled strips and to have them installed (have leftovers, too, so I can make something with the leftovers) and $1389 for the seamless shower door and the installation. That makes the grand total for my bathroom as $3619. Plus I paid Ruthi.

That is not bad for a master bath. If I would have gutted the bathroom I was looking at around $20,000 or more. If I would have replaced the vanity, mirror and lights, I would have spent around $1500 more but I would have had the floor issue so the tile would have had to either been matched or completely replaced, which could be in the ballpark of $3000. So I could have either spent $20,000 and upwards, or another $4500 (let's ballpark that to $8000) or what I spent, around $4000.

I feel a trip coming on.

My master bedroom was easy. My walls match the color of the bathroom so they are baby blue. Really, besides the carpeting (which I can't replace until after the kitchen in complete) the only item I needed in here was drapes along a wall. I found these fantastic white drapes on Overstock.com, and thought I only needed four panels in the beginning, but after Ruthi put up the rod and the four panels, I discovered I needed another four panels. Time to reorder.

She completed the project yesterday. And now I have a wall of white lined drapes. So beautiful.






Since I was finishing off the bedroom, I decided to change out the ceiling fan. Don't want to deal with the popcorn ceiling, but this is a beautiful ceiling fan. I do not like the light cover -- too darkening to the room, so now I am on the quest to find a clear cover.

My bedroom is complete, calming, and a joy to wake up in every morning.





Until next week...have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment