Tuesday, July 5, 2016

It's 11 p.m. and Life Just Went By

I would like to know how I am retired and I am so busy that all of a sudden it is 11 p.m. and the day is done?

It seems that my time flies by. I get up at 8 a.m., get ready for the day and be out the door by 10. Then, before I know it, it is time to eat and only because I am hungry. That is usually around 8 p.m. If that small thing like food did not come into the equation, I doubt if  I would notice the time until midnight. This just baffles me.

I thought retirement was for leisure and I would have all the time in the world. That is not true. At least, for me. There is so much to do and I barely get done what I want to do for the day or week. Most of my friends who are retired experience the same.

The other friends who are still working are experiencing the feeling that they can not keep up with work and their daily life styles.

When I was in my prime, I edited a magazine during the day, was adjunct faculty in the evening, and still had time for a social life. Plus, I maintained a home and everything that goes along with that. As I aged, I do remember giving up the evening work. But I had time for everything else my entire life. Then, I retired, and today I don't know where I would fit in an 8-hour day job. Just don't know how I could do it. And for those who are working, it is the exact opposite, they fit their job in, but many of the other life styles go by the wayside. I just think this is a phenomenon that I am trying to make sense of.

So, my day is done, and I am in question, Where has my day gone?

Until tomorrow...have a great day...


No comments:

Post a Comment