Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Nothing Day

Really, did not do anything today. Talked on the phone, waited for my masseuse to come over (she comes twice a month), and I really needed it because my body is just tight. She had her days mixed up, so she will be here next Wednesday. I guess it is going to be the heating pad for me to loosen up this body.

And it's been a rainy day. Seems to me that when it rains, I seem to hunker down. I am one who is definitely affected by the weather, always have been. But, here in Florida, I am out and about more in the rain when the sun shines than when it is gloomy, which is probably two days a year. Not bad. I remember in Illinois before I left, the last winter it was so bad that I did not leave the house for three weeks because of the snow and cold. I could not open the front nor the back doors because of the snow, and the only way out was through the garage because I had fantastic neighbors who snow-blowed my drive way. I became so house-bound, that I finally had to get out so I got in my car in the garage, road around town to have a change of scenery, then went back to the garage and into the house. That one fateful day was my turning point.

Sent a couple of my shorts to my editor. My goal is to have all shorts ready to self-publish by the end of April. I am so excited. I have really done it. I finished by first book. And even though it is not a novel, it will have as many words as a novel -- 40,000 words.

I am thinking of copying one of them to this blog for you to read.

I am also thinking of taking one of these shorts that I have written and expand the story line into a series of books. If I can write 40,000 words of short stories, I can write a novel. Soon, I will see.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment