Tuesday, January 19, 2016

White Furniture

I have always seen the beautiful pictures in magazines of white walls, white furniture with pops of bold colors as accents. I thought I could do it when I decorated this house, and I started looking at the whites, then I realized that my eye was more drawn to the creamy white instead of the stark white, even though I envied the pictures in the magazine. I bought a cream colored leather sofa, and I thought I would do the one chair I needed in stark white. I found the prettiest white, white chair and ottoman with gold stars and I bought it. It was beautiful (notice WAS). When anyone walked into the house, they commented on the chair. An eye grabber, like the white in the magazines. I felt, for a brief moment in time, I was going to have a bit of the white room I dreamt of.

Then, I started looking at stark white carpet for the flooring that needed to be replaced. Beautiful lush, plush white on white carpet. Shoot, it was just me now, so I thought why not. That is until I saw the price of the lush plush, and thought I either need to keep looking or save for it, that is, save for about 5 years to afford it! The carpet was put on hold. I would have to live with the painted carpet for the time being.

Then, I thought, well, I could put the white lush, plush in my bedroom. I would only have to save about 1-2 years for that. Thank goodness I needed to save for the lush plush.

I have had my beautiful white white chair now for about a year, and what I have found is it is now an ugly dirty white chair, and uglier dirtier white ottoman. I have towels (white) draped across the seat of the chair and the top of the ottoman. So much for white on white. I guess there is a reason why we see the pictures of white on white in magazines instead of in people's living rooms.

Can you imagine what white white carpet would look like after a year? Scrap that idea.

But, the cream leather sofa is a winner. Maybe because it is leather. The chair was fabric. When I replace the chair, I have decided to go with brown, maybe brown leather, maybe a brown leather recliner. Haven't decided anything yet. But the white chair will be replaced. And my pretty white white chair will be cleaned, I will buy a cover for it, and then move it to the enclosed lanai as an occasional chair. Probably what it should have been to begin with.

If I knew how to download the pictures from my Android, I could show you the chair. I will keep trying to learn. I watched a you tube video yesterday, but that didn't help. Eventually, I will learn then I can show you my world as well as writing about it.

Have a great day. Tomorrow I go to my first DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) meeting in Florida. Should be interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment