Monday, January 25, 2016

The Picture Saga continues

Went to the Samsung phone class today. Learned a little, hopefully, a lot about the photos. Initially, what the sales person told me to do last week over the phone to get the pictures off the phone did not work. Today, he showed me in easy steps how to have the photos on my phone all in one place, then, I am to go to my pc and see if it works. They should automatically be on my computer because they are all in one place on my phone. Go figure! I will -- later. Right now, I am tired from all this technology. There is always something to learn, and then, there is something else or it changes as soon as I get the hang of that lesson.

I remember my first phone -- a bag phone. It was simple. I had the phone in the car, plugged it into the cigarette lighter, and then called everyone I could think of because I thought it was cool.

 
 My first phone:  A "Motorola Power PAK Bag Phone" by Trent021-Own Work.

Then, phones got larger and you had this honker by your ear. I believe that was the first cell (wireless) phone. Then, they got smaller. They flipped open, they slid in the pocket, they were convenient for making and receiving calls.

Then, they started getting smart. Smarter than me. And now, phones are mini computers. As the instructor in the class said, your phone can do anything your computer can do. Holy Toledo! With an approximate size of 6x3 inches, I can call, receive calls, email, use facebook, store tons of information as well as pictures, look up information, have a map, play games, calculator, watch tv and movies, download and listen to my favorite tunes ... the list is limitless. How does it do all that!

My mind is still boggled with how the computer can obtain all the information with a stroke of the finger. Before, if I wanted information, I had to go to the library, go to the file box and look up the Dewey code and then search for the book among the piles. Only if you love the feel of books (and I do) do you have to handle the good ole black and white.

So, my picture saga may be on the mend. We'll see for tomorrow. Until then, have a great day...




No comments:

Post a Comment