Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Florida's Flooded

Well, we have had a bit of rain. So much so that in the artist community of Gulfport by St. Pete Beach, I heard they are using a kayak to get around. Then, there was the bulletin from St. Petersburg where authorities are asking people not to use water because the sewage system is full. No showers, no dishwashing, no flushing toilets. They hope all is better by tomorrow. Stinky!!! Then, there are parts of this area without electricity. My friend near Brandon has been without for two days now.

And so it is; the season has started. And it is humid. Very humid.

Sunday, before the real rain started but with dark clouds and a bit of rain, I had to drop an item off to a lady in this area. She told me I didn't really need to get out in this rain. Uh, I am used to blizzards, I think I can go out in a bit of rain. I wonder what she thought when the downpour came yesterday?

This weather continues through the first part of summer. I remember last year my niece and her family came in July and we had tickets to go to Busch Gardens. It didn't happen because they closed the entire park because of the rain. We went in January, and now they are coming back again in July and we are going to try for the park again. Hope it works out this time. After going for the first time in January, the boys liked it better than going to Universal. That is saying a lot, and they asked to come back to go to Busch Gardens again. Cool, I like it, too.

So, it's raining, and according to the extended forecast will be raining through the 16th of June, it is going to rain every single day. And Mr. Arthritis is showing his stuff. And the humidity is really high. And, yes, I am still glad I am in Florida. It is green, and when the dark clouds pass by even if the sun does not shine, it is bright out.

Until tomorrow...have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment