Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Home is Where the Heart Is

My cousins from Illinois visited me on Monday (between the downpours of rain) and it is always nice to see family.

We talked about me living in Florida and I showed them around the complex I live in, and they talked about downsizing to live in an active adult community like I live in. Downsizing brought up many conversations and even more memories for me. I told them to get rid of as much as they possibly can before moving, and to take their time. There is no hurry until you put that house on the market and it sells. I worked on my house for four years before I turned it over to a realtor. Then, ya gotta beat that drum!

Seriously, though, it doesn't make any difference where one lives as long as you want to be there. Home, that place where you hang your hat, is really inside the heart. Right now my residency is in the state of Florida because I want sunshine more days than not, and I do not want to wear a coat nor own a pair of boots.

When I owned a pair of boots, I also had a job where I was building for my future, and I had family who lived there, and I was a part of that community. But, I retired from the job, and the family left, and I could be part of any community, so I decided to go where the sun shines. But, my home is where my heart is, where there are sweet memories and remembered laughs. And that could be anywhere, from there to here to sailing the high seas. It makes no difference. Not really. As long as you are happy and you are where you want to be.

Happiness, to me, is very simple. When I wake up in the morning and see sunshine, I am happy. Then, I get ready and go out, and I see people and I hear conversations and maybe even partake in one or two, and I laugh, and I am happy. I have learned through the years that I am even happy when I meet negative people and I walk away from them. I am happy that I have learned how to do that and not feel guilty. After the basic food and shelter is met, it is fairly easy to be happy. But then, I have always been a happy person. I can not remember when I have not been happy. Sure, I have gone through bumps, but there is always a smooth road ahead. Always.

Until tomorrow...have a great day

No comments:

Post a Comment