Thursday, June 30, 2016

What I Am Learning and all about Meet-ups

I am learning that I am one of those people who are busy -- but being busy doesn't necessarily mean that I see the end product for quite some time.

For instance, I am still working on that mosaic picture frame (should finish it this weekend if I am lucky), I am still working on the set of pasta dishes, I am still working on the stain glass car, I am still working on the plant pot. And once these are finished, there will be other projects to do. It's just that everything I do takes time.

I am still learning all I can about self-publishing. (INDIE), and I have joined two meet-ups to learn more about self-publishing.

Hey, meet-ups are great if you are not familiar with them. One person becomes the originator, and then the group is posted on Meet-Ups in your area for others to join. For instance, there are quite a few writing meet-ups in the Tampa area, so I picked the ones that is good for my schedule and what I want to achieve. But there are tons of meet-ups -- another I am going to join soon is Tai Chi Qigong. I have tried different forms of Tai Chi but I really like this form, so to continue it, I found a meet-up in St.Pete Beach. If I wanted to have fellow travelers, there are meet ups for that, or mysticism or beer drinking or, or, or anything you can think about. Check them out. Just plug in Meet Ups into the internet and then it will ask where you live to find the closest ones to you. If there are not any, start one. You never know who you may meet.

I will report on these later as I have more experience with them.

I am learning that I don't want all this "stuff" any longer. I have been getting rid of "stuff" and deciding what I want to sell on ebay or amazon. More to learn.

I am working on compiling information to start a genealogy line for my father's maternal side. The paternal side is complete in the United States. Just need to go to Germany to see how far I can trace there. But first I need to find out where he came from in Germany. I might have it to an area, but I am not going to count on that.until I see the proof. And I want to start helping a friend search for her birth mother. How cool would that be to help her find her lineage!!!

And then there are the stories whirling around in my head. Gotta write.

And I need to travel and see the world. Booked a couple of trips today. Love, love, love frequent flyer miles. One trip to Seattle and back cost me $11 for taxes, One trip to San Diego cost me $40 for taxes and priority seating. Can't beat those prices. I'm thinking about researching credit cards where I can use frequent flyer miles on international flights.

I am learning that I am a busy person (until 7:30 when Jeopardy comes on) and I like being busy with a multitude of projects. Really hope to show you the mosaic picture frame next week, because I am getting tired of working on it and thinking about it. I need to move on...

Until tomorrow...have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment