Thursday, June 16, 2016

Getting Ready for China

This entire fitbit thing started because I want to go to China. I am preparing for this "once in a lifetime" trip and it looks, at this point, I will be going solo but with a group. From all the reading about traveling in this part of the world, I feel that I need to heed their advice and be physically fit. I am, a bit. I am getting better though.

According to the information, I should be able to walk 3-5 hours every day covering about  2-3 miles. Really, I don't think that is bad at all, but I want to make sure it is no problem with me for a number of days. I am looking at being gone for about 3 weeks. No downtime. Being "on" every day for about 3 weeks.

According to my fitbit, I walk about 2-3 miles daily, and many days over 3 miles. So, that is no problem. I am on the go for a good 3-5 hours a day, most days of my life. So. No problem there. What's my hold up, then. It's the 21 day activity guide. There is one tour where I would have a breather about day 9 while those who want to hike, can hike. Can't hike, so I would stay in the city and do some sightseeing on my own. Or, I could just sit in the hotel and at its pool and vegetate. So, I need to take a couple of vacations where I am going to be active for a good week -- on the go. Once I do that and know it is no problem, I will book.

It also gives me time to save for this vacation. Won't take too many of these costly vacations, but every once in awhile, it is worth the money. I am imagining this is one of those.

The pre-trips can not include cruises because with a cruise I am basically going at a leisurely pace. Totally different than this sort of trip. I need an active vacation for about a week to 10 days. If I can do that, I can go to China. So, where to go before? Can't be too expensive and it has to be active. I'm thinking Ireland next year. Bus tour. On, off the bus. Walk around, Kinda similar to China. Thinking about it.

Has anyone gone to Ireland on a bus tour? What do you think? Better yet, has anyone gone to China? What about there? Really, China will be my once in a lifetime trip, unless if I get to go on an African photo safari, then, that would be another once in a lifetime trips. But, that's another day. Right now, it's China. Terra Cotta Warriors, the Pandas, the Great Wall, the three gorges, Beijing, Shanghi, riding in a rickshaw, oh, it will be grand.


Until tomorrow...have a great day....

No comments:

Post a Comment