Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Decorating Ideas from Model Homes


Saturday, a friend and I went looking at model homes. I sometimes look at these opened homes for decorating ideas, and I can always use one or two as I decorate my house. What I want to show today is what the decorators did with a bit of crown molding on walls.














Both of these rooms show the crown molding cut as picture frames.
That is easy to do with the crown molding and a miter saw to make the corners square. The living room has the frame around the coral painted part of the wall and then simple slats of wood, painted white, are evenly placed on the coral wall, then the decorator put a coral mirror in the middle and you have a focal point for the room. Nifty idea with a bit of paint and wood.

The bedroom above (right) simply prepared the crown molding/picture frames and put them on the wall. I don't see why I could not simply use already made picture frames, paint them a color for the wall and hang (or nail or glue) to the wall. Another idea I noticed and I am trying to see if I can incorporate this into my decorating plans is the painted border near the ceiling. I really like the idea. The ceiling also had the squared frames on it, then crown molding, then the paint, then crown molding again. I like this effect.





More ideas with the same concept -- left shows the squared idea with the tv,

The bedroom simply shows the effects of the squared look with a geometrical design.












Last, but not least is a decorating idea that I believe is relatively new. Above, you see the same squared look but on the wall inside the square is laminate flooring. As my friend and I went around and saw this concept, she said she has seen the laminate flooring on the walls in other model homes.
I told her my niece and her husband just put laminate flooring on their ceiling. And it is so cool.






This is the picture of their ceiling as they are working on it. My nephew said the wood was repurposed and he obtained it off the internet. Completely gives the room a different look.




The right shows the room completed. I love it. What do you think about this idea of using laminate other than floors?





Hope you enjoyed the different ideas today. Tomorrow,
I will show some more ideas.

Until then....have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment