Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Decorating Ideas

Continuing with the model homes tour, kitchens and bathrooms are a must to sell a home, but whether if I have just seen too many kitchens and bathrooms lately, these are the "normal" kitchens for today's houses. The bathrooms were so boring, I did not even bother to take a picture. Sorry.




The kitchen shown at the left is the basic kitchen seen in most models.








What I did like, though, was the tile shown here. It was almost mirrored, yet, it had a good, solid brown shade.







.




The kitchen at the right is your basic white with
stainless steel appliances. And yes, that is the
only type of appliance I saw. So, stainless is still
in. This kitchen was opened to the dining area so there was a nice flow. But, while touring the homes, many had formal dining areas away from the kitchen. That was unusual for today's lifestyle, I thought.









My friend did rave at one kitchen which had an open concept. She loved the counter top and commented that the island counter was not placed high where you needed to elevated bar stool to sit, but had a "regular" size counter. As you see below, the rooms are all opened to one another and the kitchen area is along the back wall. We decided that you could easily seat 20-30 people in this area if you extend to the outdoor dining also pictured here.



But, seriously, this is for the warm countries instead of the northern states with only 3 months of outdoor living. But, hey, a grill is a grill, and who doesn't like food cooked on a grill!



Colors were everywhere, but I thought this bed was a novel idea. What it is is a sofa turned bed. Since I am into repurposing so many pieces of furniture, I could see a worn sofa being cut down and reupholstered and used as a bed. Handyman, please!





 Most beds had the fabric headboards instead of wood, and once again, the rooms were filled with color. I like this idea because it is one of mine. I take a plain off-white room with light furniture then decorate in colors. I figure furniture cost a lot, but I can continually change the accessories and the look of the room with a bit of handiwork and a few bucks, and of course, paint.

Until tomorrow....have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment