Thursday, April 14, 2016

Another Ceramic Technique -- Crystalites

There are just so many ceramic pieces I want to make before moving on to another craft. So far to date, I have finished more pieces. On one of the pieces, I used crystalites, a paint that has little pieces of crystals that burst with color when fired. It's all in the paint.


I applied three coats of this paint -- Herb Garden -- and I needed to mix the contents of the jar very well between applications besides letting the paint dry between applications. When I mixed the jar, I needed to dig deep because that is where the crystal pieces are that will make the paint POP.

After the three applications were applied and before the dish was fired it looked like this. (right)

I used a cover coat paint for the branch in the middle then put a clear glaze over the brown cover coat. That is why it has two different tones on the piece. So, I should see the Herb Garden for the majority of the leaf dish with a nice brown/black branch running through the middle.



This is the finished product. Pretty nice.



It is a soap dish for the guest bathroom. The soap is awesome. A former editor of mine now has a side line of making soap from natural ingredients with an emphasis on goat's milk. This soap is beautiful, creamy, and smells heavenly. And to date, she has made many different flavors. I can't wait to try more, but I bought a lot of soap, so whoever comes to my house leaves with a sample! Then, I can buy different flavors.







These are a few bars that I bought from her. I really like the mint bars, and there is a beer bar in there as well as an oatmeal bar.


This is her calling card if anyone is interested in more information. She is on the internet as well as Facebook. I just talked with her and she said if anyone places an order and mentions this blog, Chapter 14's Journey,  she will include other samples of the soap. Her address is graciepieapothecary.com





This is my favorite -- Frango Mint.










Until tomorrow...have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment