Wednesday, April 20, 2016

I Finished Story Number 8 Today

I am tired. I decided to stay home today so I could type the final draft of my short story. It is number 8 in the collection, and I have only one more to go. I still have high hopes that that story will be completed by April 30th. It is half written, so I do believe I will be able to complete it in my self-imposed time frame.

This story I just finished typing took a while because it is my exercise in description. I worked a long time on finding just the right words for the descriptions. Actually, I fell in love with the story.

As I write, sometimes the story takes on a life of its own. I was so surprised how this story developed and ended. I had an idea how it was going to go, but it took turns and twists that I had no idea were going to happen. That is what is so much fun writing fiction. Of course, I had to do a bit of research for the scenes to be accurate, but the story line is fiction. Pure fiction with a life of its own.

I have had the actual writing done for quite some time. It was the selection of words to use to give the reader the exact picture I was trying to paint.

The name of this story is The Train's Whistle.

I am going to take a one-day break from writing, and then get into Finding Home, the last story to write for the collection of short stories. Then, I will be finished with that part of getting my book of shorts published.

So, for now, I'm tired, I'm hungry, and my butt hurts from sitting so much. I think I will have salmon tonight.

Until tomorrow...have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment