Thursday, April 7, 2016

People Are Moving Around was the Talk in Ceramics

Well, if it isn't the snowbirds going home, it is people leaving one spot for another. That was the talk in ceramics today while we painted and glazed our pieces, and wished the snowbirds a safe trip as they traveled this country.

The lady next to me said in her cul-de-sac of six houses, three of them are going to go on sale in the next week. She lives in a pink single family home with the tiled roof --- the typical Florida look. One household is leaving for medical reasons, another is leaving to be closer to family, and the other one is leaving because she misses the big city life. The lady next to me couldn't understand why any one would want to leave here and go to a city.

I asked her where was the lady going, and she answered Chicago. Chicago! My neck of the woods. Chi-town, The Windy City. "My Kind of Town". Frank Sinatra may have sung that song, but Chicago really is my kind of town.


I had to buy this skyline drawing of Chicago by Kristen Cecile before I left the area.

And, really, I can not blame the lady leaving to go back to Chicago. If I were a big city girl, I would be there (except for the winter), but I'm not. I'm the suburb girl who enjoyed everything Chicago had to offer. And it was too cold in the winters, too snowy, too icy, just too, too.

But there is nothing like walking along the lake, or down State Street, or Michigan Avenue, or along the river. The Sheraton has a great location on the Chicago River and many a day I would sit in that area, order a beverage and enjoy the water, scenery and people. Oh, yeah! Chicago. She's going home....






But the best picture of Chicago was painted for me by Johnny, who I tutored after I retired from my job. Johnny is autistic and loves to paint. Actually, some of his pieces are quite good.

He surprised me with this.

I think it is awesome. Reminds me of Chicago on a Starry Night.





People are heading home, out on the road. One person is going to New York, Iowa, and Kansas this summer. Actually, Florida is her home after selling the home in Colorado, and now she takes off in April to visit family and friends all over the country and she will be back in September. Everybody's got their own thing to do, their own agenda, their own dream to follow.

For me, that is travelling, writing, and creating my craft pieces. Oh, and living where the sun shines most days and where I can watch breath taking sunsets.


Until tomorrow...have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment