Friday, April 29, 2016

In the Pursuit to get Organized

I am a list maker. I have lists on lists on lists. I make weekly lists, and daily lists. When I was working and under deadline, I made hourly lists. I haven't changed all that much, but the hourly lists are gone. I make a weekly list of each day and what I want accomplished. In the beginning, I had possibly 7-10 items I wanted to complete for the day. Now I have streamlined it to 3-5 items in a day. I am toying with the thought of even having a day or two during the week of nothing. NOTHING. Still toying with this idea. Seems too drastic for me.

It is a novel idea, though. Or maybe that is what I want to do. Read a novel for a day instead of an hour.

Some days, I feel that I'm frantically trying to fit everything in. I am changing. I don't think I need to do everything any longer.

So, I'm prioritizing my to-do list with what I want to do. In other words, I am trying my hardest to get organized. It's still the crafts, the writing, the traveling. But there is more, there is getting healthy, selling my purses online, not downsizing but purging all the "stuff" from my life.

I want my life simple. I want the time to write both the fiction and this blog and maybe another and stories from my ancestor's lines and other short stories, I want the time to continue to decorate my house with hand-crafted items that cost pennies instead of hundreds, I want the time to complete the ceramic pieces for me and for my friends, I want the time to make the stain glass pieces and the windows I want to make from stain glass, I want the time to master fused glass and make remarkably awesome pieces, I want the time to plan and go on breathtaking travels whose memories I can enjoy for years to come. I want time to be with people and listen and learn from them, and laugh belly laughs over funny stories or jokes.

Thing is, I believe I can have all that. But I also believe I need to be more organized so I can enjoy it, savor it.

Looking over my lists, I have decided what to do after I am finished with my current projects. The book of shorts is taking care of itself. I have a separate list on that one.

Then, to this blog. It needs to be more organized, and since I think health is so important, I have decided I am going to devote one day a week (Mondays) to talking about health. Exercise, Vitamins, Brain Games, Emotional, Medical Breakthroughs, anything concerning health in our attempt to live a longer, better life. And only on Mondays. My qualifications for this is simply that I am a human being. I am very good at research, and I am my own guinea pig. I will give you everything I know at that time for that one item. Upfront, I am not a medical person, I am not an RN, MD, MSW, Personal Trainer. But I know all those people, and I have a great network to draw from.

Until Next Week...have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment