Thursday, April 21, 2016

Fitbit Update

I really have taken off today. The only "thing" I have done constructive is go to ceramics.

I was just so pleased with myself yesterday. Besides finishing story #8, I met all criteria to the fitbit. And I love my fitbit. Probably, you could say I am obsessed with it.


Once you own a fitbit you sync it to either your smartphone or pc, and then just go with it. I plug in my water intake and the food I eat. Fitbit calculates the calories for the food and keeps track of the water. And the exercise whether it is active or simple steps.

Yesterday, I had the green button for most everything. That does not happen often, but yesterday it did.

For steps -- 10,027
Walked 7 of 9 hours between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.
   and that calculated that I had been active for 27% of the day and
                                                    stationary for 73% of the day

It also told me I had been awake for 14 hours of the day and the longest I was stationary at any given time was 2 hours, 5 minutes.

Altogether I walked 4.05 miles, burned 2466 calories, did not go up any floors, but had 67 active minutes.  I ate 1617 calories and burned 2466 calories, with (according to them) I was 145 calories over my budget of  wanting to lose a certain amount of weight by a certain date. I drank 64 oz of water.

Less than 1500 calories a day is not much. What I have learned about my eating habits since the beginning of fitbit is I do not eat that many calories, but I do average over 1500 calories.

I can tell you that when I do not have the active minutes of at least 30 minutes, the weight stays on. So, the more active I am, the better the weight comes off. For me, it's not the calories, it's the activity and fitbit is teaching me about this. Although I knew that because years ago I lost 3 dress sizes in one summer by walking.

The other part of fitbit I like a lot is the sleep data.  All I do is wear my fitbit to bed and it not only tells me how long I sleep but my sleep pattern. For instance, I tap the day and it shows me how long it took for me to go to sleep, how many times I was awake during the night, how many times I was restless during the night as well as how many minutes I was awake or restless during the night.

In the beginning, I thought I was getting about 9 hours of sleep a night. Wrong! I was getting about 7 1/2 hours of sleep. Once, when I went to bed late, but got up late, I found out my sleep was lousy with only 4 1/2 hours of sleep. I was amazed.

This gadget is amazing to me. I know that since I have had it, I am so aware of the food I eat, the water I drink, the exercise I do and the sleep I get.

If I want to learn more, there are tons of tools on their website, such as on their blog today is an article about "Kick Your Late Night Snack Habit and Lose Weight." (Need to work on that one.) and "Dirty Dozen Update! Fruits and Veggies Worth Buying Organic". Strawberries come in Number 1 as dirty (because of the pesticides). Cleanest fruit (non organic) are pineapples, mangoes and cantaloupe.

Anyone can visit their website if you are interested in this info. Just go to Fitbit.com and then at the bottom of the page click on Blog. You can watch them of YouTube also.

I may sound like an advertisement, but I really am not. I just love my fitbit. And I feel better. Not bloated. Flatter belly. Better attitude toward my body.

Until tomorrow...have a great day.




No comments:

Post a Comment