Friday, April 1, 2016

It's April Fool's Day!

I think out of all the hoaxes I have heard was one that came from the Museum of Hoaxes. Apparently, the Swiss Tourism Board explained why their mountains are so clean. They had a Swiss Mountain Cleaning crew that would work every day to clean the bird droppings from the rocks. But, it did not end with the hoax, which was a video.

After viewing the video, people could take a test to see if they qualified to be a part of the mountain cleaning crew. 30,000 people applied! What came out of this -- the Brunni cable car company started a course where people could learn to clean the mountains. For real. Don't believe me, look up felsenputzer and there are You Tube videos on it.

The best prank played on me was from Al. It was a Friday night and in the middle of the night, he woke me from dead sleep and told me to go to the alley and a house was burning in the other block. He went on and on with how high the flames were and how dark the sky was from the smoke. I jumped out of bed with only my bed clothes on and rushed out the back door. As soon as I got out the back door, it was pitch black all right, but not from smoke! He was standing there laughing, saying April Fool!

I went back to bed.

He could always come up with pranks of some sort -- wish my mind worked like that. I tried hard to pull a prank on him during our years together, but could never come close to the pranks he pulled on me.

And from the information about the Swiss Tourism Board, it seems that some pranks turn to reality!

Happy April Fool's Day! Hope someone played a good one on you. Do you have any good hoaxes people played on you -- or maybe you played on someone else? Would love to hear them. I always like a good laugh.

Until Monday...Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment